So when I saw this idea for replacement game pieces on Pinterest, I just fell in love with the idea. I wish I could point you to the original pin, but the blog seems to have been dismantled and is no longer around. So I'm going to show you how I made these so you can try to.
I started by finding pictures of my kids from their waste on up. This was probably the hardest part of the whole project. Drama Queen is pretty particular about pictures and I didn't want any arms cut off or side pics of anyone. Once I found ones that I liked, I printed the pictures onto cardstock so they were about 3 inches tall. Then I printed the pictures again, in mirror mode.
It was easy to cut them out and then glue them back to back.
I found these 1 inch binder clips at Walmart in the office supply aisle. I plan to use some washi tape or cute duck tape to dress up the black on them, but for now, I just opened the clips up and placed each one of the kids' picture inside.
Super easy and I just LOVE how they turned out. I can't wait for our game night to give them a go and see the reaction!