There wasn't a whole lot of description about what the different factions ate in the Divergent series.
It probably wasn't really considered important, except for the Dauntless cake. How can you not have a good cake to make all the fighting worth coming home from? Chocolate will make anything worthwhile.
But when I imagine the different treats from the five factions I knew Amity's recipe would be something light, fun, and probably made with fruit from their trees and farms. So this Strawberry Celebrations recipe seemed to fit perfectly at the Amity tables and our Divergent party.
I started with a large box of strawberry jell-o gelatin, a large container of whipped topping, a pound of strawberries, water, and some dipping chocolate.
I chopped the strawberries into small bite sized pieces and then dipped them into chocolate.
Be sure you melt the chocolate very carefully in 30 second intervals on 50% power. Then drop the strawberries into the chocolate and dip them out with a fork. Tap the fork carefully on the side of the bowl so the excess chocolate will drip off.
While you are waiting for your chocolate to harden, boil 2 cups of water. Add the boiling water to a mixing bowl filled with the gelatin. Stir until completely combined. Add 4 cups of ice cubes to the mixture and stir until the gelatin starts to thicken up. Remove any excess ice.
Add 3 cups of whipped topping to the gelatin and stir. Mix the ingredients well. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to let the gelatin begin to set.
Remove from the refrigerator and add the chocolate strawberries to the gelatin bowl. Mix well. Pour mixture into serving glasses, mugs, or bowls.
I love the little plastic cups from Dollar Tree since they give the illusion of glamour without the price or worry of glass. You can fill 12-15 of these cups with this serving.
Return the Strawberry Celebration to the refrigerator and cool for 4 hours. Top with cool whip and garnished strawberries when ready to serve.
I think our Amity friends would love this fruity, sweet, and lighthearted recipe. What kind of treats do you imagine they eat?
Find the printable version of Amity's Strawberry Celebration Recipe. See all our Divergent Party projects here.
Amity's Strawberry Celebration
1 large package Strawberry flavored Gellatin
3 cups Whipped Topping
2 cups boiling Water
4 cups Ice
1 pound Strawberries, chopped
Dipping Chocolate, melted
1. Dip chopped strawberries into melted chocolate. Scoop out with fork and tap gently on edge of bowl to remove any excess chocolate.
2. Allow chocolate strawberries to harden on wax paper.
3. Boil 2 cups water.
4. In large bowl, add strawberry gelatin. Pour boiling water over and stir until completely dissolved.
5. Add 4 cups ice and stir. When gelatin mixture starts to thicken, remove remaining ice cubes.
6. Mix 3 cups of whipped topping into gelatin mixture. Stir until no streaks remain.
7. Refrigerate until starts to thicken, about 20 minutes.
8. Remove from refrigerator. Mix in chocolate covered strawberries.
9. Pour mixture into small bowls, glasses, or cups. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
10. Garnish with more whipped topping and chocolate strawberries. Serve.
Recipe by Kims Kandy Kreations