Since I am going to have several different ages at my Divergent movie party, I decided to go with a Hidden Meaning brain teaser game. Some of the problems are easy and others are a little more difficult, so its a great game for all ages.
I plan to give these games out as guests arrive so they have something to keep them busy until the party starts. They can work together if they want, which will encourage interaction, but they don't have to. I haven't decided if I want to give a prize of not, so I'll have to think about that. Maybe a gift card to the local book store. That would certainly be Erudite approved.
Here's the Brain Teaser Free Printable. Simply right click on it to save to your computer. If you'd rather have a PDF version of the Hidden Meaning Brain Teaser game to print, simply go here.
To play the game, hand every guest a copy of the Hidden Meaning Brain Teaser and a pen or pencil. They must decipher the meaning of the words and pictures in each square.
For example, in the first square, you have the word "MAN" and the word "BOARD". The man is written on top of the board so the picture stands for "Man Over Board".
Here are the answers for our Hidden Meaning Brain Teaser game:
Keep the brain flow growing with more Erudite approved brain teaser books:
- 399 Games, Puzzles & Trivia Challenges Specially Designed to Keep Your Brain Young
- Awesome Book of One-Minute Mysteries and Brain Teasers
- The Big Book of Brain Games: 1,000 PlayThinks of Art, Mathematics & Science
- The Everything Kids' Giant Book of Jokes, Riddles, and Brain Teasers
- The Brainiest Insaniest Ultimate Puzzle Book
- The Greatest Brainteasers of All Time
- Riddles and Trick Questions For Kids and Family!